Opening a GSA Federal Credit Union share account is the first step in becoming a member of the credit union. It is just like a regular savings account and pays competitive dividends.
A deposit of $5 is all it takes to open your share account. As long as you maintain a balance over $100, you'll earn dividends. The dividends will be calculated on the average daily balance and paid monthly. The more you save, the higher dividend you'll earn.
GSA Federal Credit Union offers four convenient ways to open your account:
Visit either of our branch locations and speak with a Member Services Representative to open a share account. All it takes is a $5 initial deposit and a photocopy of one of the following forms of identification:
- Include a photocopy of your driver's license (or other official photo ID).
- Proof of eligibility, such as a photocopy of your work ID or payroll stub.
Visit our website (www.gsafcu.gsa.gov) and electronically submit the Membership Application.
- Authorize a minimum electronic deposit of $5 payable to GSA Federal Credit Union to open your share account.
- Fax a copy of your driver's license (or other official photo ID), plus proof of eligibility, such as a photocopy of your work ID or payroll stub to (202) 208-4023.
- Complete the Membership Application.
- Mail the completed Membership Application and check to:
GSA Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 27559
Washington, DC 20038-7559
- Include a photocopy of your driver's license (or other official photo ID) plus proof of eligibility, such as a photocopy of your work ID or payroll stub.
- Enclose a check for at least $5 for the opening deposit to your account.
Call one of our Member Service Representatives at 202-876-2121.We will mail everything you need to open your GSA FCU account.